The SHAPE Office is collaborating with folks on campus and in the community to bring you a series of events throughout the month of October, to raise awareness about dating violence in our community and beyond. Please follow us on Instagram or Facebook (@wesshapeoffice), or check out our blog to stay up to date on our calendar of events!
If you have any questions (or ideas!) please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com.
Sending warmth and positive energy your way in the meantime!
[ID: purple and yellow calendar of October 2021 with events listed below written out. Includes images of flowers on days there are no events scheduled.]
- SOC Healing Space – Sundays at 2 pm (throughout the month and the remainder of the semester!) – a space for students of color to connect and practice mindfulness.
- Center for Humanities Lecture Series on “Consent & Subjugation”– Mondays at 6 pm on October 4th, October 11th, and October 18th
- Wednesday October 6th – Making Connections Workshop at 4-5 pm
- Thursday October 7th – Healing Connections Space at 12:15-1:15 (a space for students to find community and connection)
- Sunday October 24th – New Horizons “Walk to End the Silence”
- Wednesday October 27th – Fresh Check Day at 11 am – 2 pm
- Friday October 29th – Survivor Solidarity Month Faculty/Staff Interest Meeting at 12:30-1:30 pm
Resources to be Shared
- NPR, Hidden Brain, “Just Sex”
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center, Resource on the Go